The Research Center for Industrial Science and Technology was established as a research base in the field of device engineering that serves as the foundation for product manufacturing. We aim to meet the needs of industry, academia, and government for technical education and research, activation of the regional industry, and the fostering of human resources. The research center consists of the Basic Research Division and the New Technology Application Division.
We are developing print circuit boards, thin-film solid-state lithium-ion secondary batteries, and organic semiconductor devices by utilizing research seeds from Iwate University such as surface and interface technology, thin-film secondary battery technology, and thin-film semiconductor technology. We strive to contribute to the activation of local industries and improve international competitiveness through the development of these new technologies and products.
Research and Development Projects
- Printed circuit board
- Triazine-based molecular adhesives
- Lithium-iron secondary batteries compounded with solar batteries
- Technology for on board thin lithium-ion secondary batteries
- Thin-film organic semiconductor materials
- Film-forming technology for organic semiconductors