This Special Program targets students interested in disaster prevention and town planning. We aim to foster graduates who contribute to recovery from the Great East Japan Earthquake and future disaster preparation. We educate a lot of specialized subjects and exercises in the fields of disaster prevention and town planning in order to foster highly-specialized engineers with the practical skills to play a role in the regional community.
Features of This Special Program
- Cultivation of practical skills by exercises of disaster prevention and town planning
- Involvement in the resolution of regional issues related to disaster prevention and town planning
- Education and research advice linked with the Research Center for Regional Disaster Management
- Consistent instruction until graduation by faculty members of the special program
Special Program Curriculum
In this program, students acquire knowledge and specialization through the curricula of affiliated Civil and Environmental Engineering courses. At the same time, we offer courses for their individual specializations, such as
– subjects of disaster prevention and town planning to enhance specialization
– practical subjects of disaster prevention and town planning to foster practical skills to solve regional issues, cooperative skills, leadership skills, and management skills.