Faculty Members KORENAGA Toshinobu
- Doctorate (Engineering) Field of degree: Chemistry
Fields of Research
- Synthetic Organic Chemistry
- Homogeneous Catalytic Chemistry
- Computational Chemistry
- June 2000: Completed Chemical Engineering Major, Graduate School of Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology
- January 1999 - March 2001: Special Researcher, JSPS
- April 2001 - April 2012: Assistant Professor, Department of Applied Chemistry, Faculty of Engineering, Okayama University
- May 2012 - August 2019: Associate Professor, Department of Applied Chemistry and Bioengineering, Faculty of Engineering, Iwate University
- September 2019 - Present: Professor, Chemistry, Department of Chemistry and Biological Sciences, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Iwate University
The development of new catalytic reactions for fine chemicals
Our group develops highly active metal complex catalysts and novel organocatalysts by means of theoretical calculations to use practical organic syntheses, such as pharmaceuticals and organic functional materials. We also make attempts in collaboration with companies to use these developed catalysts in the industrial production of pharmaceuticals.
I lecture with a focus on repeating the basics in order to develop a deep understanding of chemical phenomena. The aim of my education in our laboratory is acquiring not only research capabilities, but also basic abilities that can be used to advance work, conduct discussions in the corporate world. Therefore, we research themes at the global level.