Faculty Members KOYAMA Takeshi
- Doctorate (Engineering) Field of Degree: Machinery
Fields of Research
- Underwater robotics
- Education by robotics
- March 2003: Ph.D(University of Electro-Communications)
- April 2003 - March 2007: Assistant, Department of Welfare Engineering (department discontinued), Faculty of Engineering, Iwate University
- April 2007 - March 2009: Assistant Professor, Department of Welfare Engineering (department discontinued), Faculty of Engineering, Iwate University
- April 2009 - March 2016: Assistant Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering (department discontinued), Faculty of Engineering, Iwate University
- April 2016 – present: Assistant Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Iwate University
Development of underwater robot for fisheries or infrastructures
We have been developing underwater robots and equipment that are active in the sea, aquaculture plants, water purification plants, etc. for the reconstruction of Sanriku's fishery industry and the solution of regional issues. Such places are often extreme environments for humans due to high water pressure, dive time limitation, hygiene, etc. Therefore, underwater robots can play an important role in such places instead of human beings.
I have been developing human resources who actively take on challenge of manufacturing widely combining their knowledge of mechanical engineering, electrical / electronic engineering, information engineering, etc..