Faculty Members IWAI Morio
- Doctorate (Engineering) Field of degree: Engineering
Fields of Research
- Biomedical measurement engineering
- Information processing engineering
- Doctoral Program of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Iwate University Graduate School of Engineering (Ph.D. in Engineering) - March 2017
- Iwate University Research Center for Industrial Science and Technology in Research Center for Manufacturing Technology, Research Division of Hanamaki
- Satellite, Research Fellow - (April 1, 2017 - March 31, 2018)
- Iwate University Faculty of Science and Engineering, Department of Systems Creation Engineering Department of Electrical and Electronic Communication Course, Assistant Professor - (April 1, 2018 - continued)
Development of bio-signal measurement and automatic diagnosis technology
In recent years, bio-signals are utilized in various situations. In addition, extending healthy life expectancy has become a major issue in Japan that is a super-aging society. Therefore, I aim to develop a system that can measure bio-signals without contact and diagnose health automatically. In bio-signal measurement, I especially focus on measuring cardiac signals using SQUIDs, capacitive electrodes and infrared device. In addition, as a feature extraction technique for automatic diagnosis, I focus on digital filters, statistical / probabilistic methods (independent component analysis, etc.).
I would like to develop human resource that can accturately grasp personal and social issues, and think and act on their own. Especially, I think that it is important to think and act on their own, and I do education that emphasizes autonomy.