Faculty Members OYANAGI Koichi
- Materials Science and Engineering
- [Master's Program] Materials Science and Engineering
- Doctorate (Science) Field of degree: Physics
Fields of Research
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Ph. D(Physics), Tohoku University, Japan 24/3/2020
- Assistant Professor, Iwate University, Japan 1/4/2020 ~
- Special Researcher (Adjunct appointments), Spin Caloritronics Group, Research Center for Magnetic and Spintronic Materials, National Institute for Materials Science, Japan, 1/1/2023 ~
- Visiting Scientist of the Advanced Institute for Materials Research (AIMR), Tohoku University, Japan, 1/4/2023 ~
Spintronics in nanostructure
We are investigating spintronics, a new technology, which uses electron charge and spin, simultaneously. Electron has two degrees of freedom, charge and spin. Using state-of-art nanotechnology, we design material structure and its spin states and develop new spintronic phenomena and functionalities in condensed matters.
We develop your research, problem-solving, and presentation skills through our education in the lab. Also, we encourage you to acquire the ability to identify problems to be solved.