Faculty Members TSUKAMOTO Tadashi
Fields of Research
- Polymer chemistry
- March 2016: Completed Doctoral program, Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Yamagata University.
- April 2016 - May 2016: Research staff, School of Materials and Chemical Technology, Tokyo Institute of Technology.
- June 2016 – March 2018: Specially Appointed Assistant Professor, School of Materials and Chemical Technology, Tokyo Institute of Technology.
- April 2018 – October 2018: research staff, School of Materials and Chemical Technology, Tokyo Institute of Technology.
- November 2018 – Present: Assistant Professor, Department of Applied Chemistry, Iwate University.
Synthesis and functionalization of heat-resistant aromatic polymer
Polyimide, polyamide and polyketone, which consist of aromatic rings and carbonyl groups, have attracted significant attention in electronic and aerospace materials because of their physical and thermal stability. We are studying preparation of monomer and polymerization method to improve performance of the polymers. Especially, we focus on the cross-coupling reaction for novel polymerization and polymer reaction.
Development of novel polymer material is required extensive knowledge of organic synthesis, structure analysis and functional material. I educate students to be able to molecular design, polymerization and characterization.