Faculty Members YUKAWA Toshihiro
- Mechanical Science and Engineering
- [Master's Program] Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- [Doctoral Program] Systems Innovation Engineering
- Doctorate (Engineering) Field of Degree: Machinery
Fields of Research
- Theory of Mechanism
- Control Engineering
- April 1, 2008 - present: Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Iwate University
Technological education for an aging society and a sustainable society
At the Division of Biotechnology & Robotics and Control Engineering, my basic research concerns a new mechanism for surgical-assistance robots, a new mechanism for high-mobility robots, a new mechanism for multipurpose continuously variable transmission, a design for a new high-sensitivity sensor and control-theory construction, while my applied research is on the development of medical and welfare robot systems and the practical realization of mobile nursing-care robots. Through these research projects, I provide a technological education for an aging society and a sustainable society.
In the mechanical engineering course, my goal is to foster engineers and researchers who are active in the fields of machine development, design and manufacturing. In the field of biorobotics, which is part of this course, I create graduates who can develop robots and nursing care and welfare equipment, etc.